Friday, April 11, 2014

Not Forsaken

Psalm 27:10
 
10When my father and mother forsake me, then the Lord will take care of me.
 
The psalm was written by David. David boldly stated his faith and belief in God to keep and protect him from those who wished to advance against him. The NKJ Study Bible gives the translation of this verse as, "God's love even transcends the love parents have for their children."
 
The story of some of the most famous, such as Jamie Foxx, is that they were not raised by their birth parents. Many other stars such Vin Diesel or Halle Berry make note that they either do not have a relationship with one parent or they don't know them at all. Many every day people have struggled with not having or knowing one or both parents. For some it is harder because they knew their parents but they were raised by others. There was a time when elders often said to those who were young having babies, "you're not old enough to raise a child." And that elder raised that child for them or they forced them to give them away to another relative entirely who was not so close by. Some may have been raised by a teenage parent just not necessarily by both or in the best of environments. I cannot help but think of the Bishop T.D. Jakes' film, Jumping the Broom, with Paula Patton who finds out the day of her wedding that her parents are not her biological parents. She was confused and felt as though she didn't know who she was. She didn't realize that she was exactly who she turned out to be. Whether she understood or not, God gave her what she needed. He didn't forsake her. I know personally, I spent many years in a single parent home and when I needed a father figure, God sent one. I miss him greatly since he has gone on to be with the Lord but I am grateful for what I had. It took me many years before I stopped focusing on what I wished happened and realized that God provided me with something great. I was looking for the ideal, the picture perfect that I saw on TV like The Cosby Show, Eight is Enough, Brady Brunch; something where the natural family was together and the love was evident. I did see love just not the way I envisioned. If I had the picture perfect, I know I would be a different person. I may not have had some of the experiences, but I also wouldn't be before you today. I was not forsaken and neither are you.  In our imperfect lives, God is glorified. Whatever you have survived, God can use to minister to others. See the challenges as strength and faith builders. In it He will show you that He did not turn away from you but that He was carrying you.
 
P.S. Remember to register for the April 19th teleseminar, "Do You Really Want to be a Published Author?" at www.getyourjoyinthemorning.com on the home tab and receive your dial-in information within 24 hours to get your questions answered and hear the testimonials!  You must register before April 18th in order to attend. I have had multiple inquiries over the months from those God has said it's time for them to write a book and/or it's been a goal. When the teleseminar is finished, you will know what to do. Now you will hear not only from me, but from those God blessed me to work with to help steer them in the right direction. It's an open door to help make your dream a reality because there is a message you have to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment