Sunday, March 30, 2014

The Works of God

Ecclesiastes 11:5
 
5As you do not know what is the way of the wind, Or how the bones grow in the womb of her who is with child, so you do not know the works of God who makes everything.
 
Have you ever wondered what God is doing? Have you ever seen the wind change direction? You usually don't see it when it changes but you feel it. We do not understand exactly how a child grows in a woman's body but we know it happens. We cannot fully comprehend God. All we know is what He decides to reveal to us. And that is exactly King's Solomon point. We are acting on limited knowledge. We are acting on whatever it is God has decided to reveal. That's only if we've sought Him.
 
Five years ago today, Get Your JOY In The Morning the devotional was birthed. If someone would've told me when it began that it would become a book, a way of ministering to hundreds in multiple countries and would be the back drop for speaking to groups, the launch pad to help other writers and a company, I would've said, "yeah right." But it has. I am grateful for what God has done. Though He has had to pull at me multiple times to get His desired results, I still BLESS GOD for the opportunity as I did nothing to deserve it. In fact, it was a death bed confession. Laying in the hospital ER bed the March previous I silently prayed asking God to spare my life and that I would FINALLY do what HE wanted me to if only He would give me more time. As the doctors put it, I was running out of time. Submitting to God's will has been the ONLY way any of this has come about. It took weeks for God to get that first writing out of me. God is still in control. I am grateful for the readers who have been there since day one and for those that have come along the way. I am even grateful for those who did not stay. I learned to not take it personally for the rejection was not against me. I am thankful for each of you. I had no idea the way the wind would blow, but God makes everything and I humbly submit once again to His will and His way to teach and minister through writing. It is a task not to be taken lightly because with it comes much responsibility. The word in James 3:1-2 says, My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a stricter judgment. For we all stumble in many things. If anyone does not stumble in word, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle the whole body.
 
Perfect I am not as God is still working on me. I did not wish to teach the word in the beginning, as I have witnesses to this fact. But God! He will get from you that which He desires. Happy Birthday Get Your (J)esus (O)n (Y)ou In The Morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment