Monday, May 20, 2013

You Cannot Keep Quiet

Jeremiah 20:9

9Then I said, "I will not make mention of Him, Nor speak anymore in His name." But His word was in my heart like a burning fire shut up in my bones; I was weary of holding it back, And I could not.

The prophet Jeremiah was frank with the Lord about his unpopular ministry assigned to him. The false prophets around Jeremiah were uttering whatever the king and God's people wanted to hear not what God said will be. Have you ever been in a situation where you gave the unpopular answer or message? Sometimes when you say what people don't want to hear you are mocked or ignored. Jeremiah was in such despair that he attempted to keep quiet and not speak what the Lord put on his heart. But just as Jeremiah said, when the Spirit of the Lord hits you, you cannot keep quiet. It does feel like fire. And it will burn in you and eat at you til you speak what He says to speak.

Too many of us have feared man or desired to please man more than God. But Jesus said it himself, we ought to be more concerned with the one who has the ability to destroy both body and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment