Friday, August 8, 2014

You Are a Walking Advertisement

1Timothy 4:12
 
12Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
 
Let me just share with you tonight that my plan was to work on something else but when God said I had to write the enemy REALLY did not want you to receive this message. The attempt was to lock me out of my email. So you know this will be "life changing" for someone.  The day that God had me send out the message "The Blind Will Fall" I had several living examples in front me through out the day of people who fell away from the church because the conduct of those in church did not reflect what they were teaching and who they professed to be. This is a VERY serious subject. This week I met a woman who was so damaged by someone's conduct in church that I just wanted to hug her and cry. It hurt my heart so bad. This is not a test of the emergency broadcast system. This is real. 
 
The apostle Paul addressed Timothy who was his son in the ministry. Paul reminded young Timothy that being an elder came with responsibility. That responsibility included every aspect as Paul detailed in the scripture above. But as men and women who claim to carry the name of Christ and heritage of being God's children, whether teacher or not, whether elder or not, we are all called "to be an example in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity." Yes, everyone is a work in progress but your conduct as a follower of Christ or the lack there of, can directly hinder someone's walk in Christ especially if they are babes in Christ. Someone who has been hurt by the conduct of those who claim to be followers of Christ and carry the name can walk away and never return. They can easily be so hurt that they refuse to grow in Christ. It's heartbreaking to see trust me. But if you have ever experienced the hurt then just think if you were a babe in Christ. Would you want to follow Christ? This is real talk. Put yourself in the shoes of others and examine your conduct. Ask yourself the following questions: Would God be pleased with my conduct? Does my conduct reflect that which Christ calls me to live? Is my conduct hindering my walk and growth in Christ? Is my conduct potentially damaging to anyone else in the body of Christ? Would someone in the world want to know and follow Christ based on what I am doing and saying? Am I displaying the love of Christ? Am I walking in faith? This is not from a place of condemnation but a place of true inward reflection. If you look at it from a business perspective, you are the brand of Christ. You are a walking commercial/promotion/advertisement for the body of Christ whether you believe it or not. The minute you say you believe in God, are a Christian, recognize Christ as your Savior, a follower of Christ then you are automatically in the spotlight. No your assignment is not about pleasing man but Proverbs says that you may have favor with God and man. The word also says that your enemies will be at peace with you. How can you lead anyone else to Christ if you are unwilling to follow Christ? Even if you are not trying, remember, when Christ was on trial, everyone around noticed those who were seen with Christ. If you've been seen or associated with Christ in any way, you too are being noticed. You are part of "The Great Commission." Let your spirit and conduct be what others notice and let the love of God rest and abide in you that it draws others to Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment