Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A Testimony to His Great Name

Proverbs 16:3
3Commit your works to the LORD, And your thoughts will be established.
In whose name are you doing anything? Is it for your name or in the name of the Lord that you are attempting to move forward? As the Word says, anything you attempt to do you ought first to give it to the Lord.
I was in one of my author groups on LinkedIn last night. The group is geared toward Christian writers. Someone posed the following question, "Should you ask God for success in your writing?" My response, "Of course! More importantly, you ought not begin to type words on the page without asking the Lord for direction." It seemed like a "no brainer" to me. Then I remembered that we live in a society where it is acceptable to "have it your way" as Burger King says. It is acceptable to do whatever floats your boat without care or cause as to if what you are doing or where you are going is the direction God has created and purposed you to go.
In all my works I ask God for direction and give it to Him because He is the one that presented me with the gift and He is the great inventor. I not only ask for guidance in daily writing but also in books, the company created with my wonderful partner and future productions we have on the timeline. While jogging last week, God gave me a wonderful marketing download and it's the same one He gave to someone else I have been working with so we are in sync. Asking God for guidance in your work is the way to allow Him to get the glory. The success He gives you is a testimony to His great name.
P.S. Remember to check out my girl Stubbs on the Leap of Faith Network (www.lofnetwork.com) Monday-Friday from 10am-12pm ET and listen for the Get Your JOY In The Morning segment!

No comments:

Post a Comment