Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What Are You Holding?

Psalm 18:2
2The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

What a beautiful song David sang unto the Lord for delivering him from his enemies. The most pleasing sound to God is that of praises being sung to him with a sincere heart. David knew that it was only by the Lord's hand that he was saved from those who meant him harm. David calls the Lord his rock. A rock is considered to be stable and is a perfect analogy for the Lord. He is stable. The Lord is a shield. For he can bounce the spears of the enemy so that they fall to the ground. A fortress protects. The Lord protects us like a fortress. He's the horn. He's the lead and the head, the driving force of our salvation. He's the stronghold. He holds us together and binds us to him. Is the Lord your rock? Is the Lord your fortress and deliverer? Is he your shield and the horn of your salvation? Is the Lord your stronghold? Or is something else holding you? Are you holding on to something else insisting that it's your rock? He's the only one that won't leave you.

No comments:

Post a Comment