Thursday, June 5, 2014

From Your Heart

Psalm 104:33-34
 
33I will sing to the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have my being. 34May my meditation be sweet to Him; I will be glad in the Lord.
 
The Lord enjoys hearing praises to His name. He enjoys hearing songs that lift up His holy name. He enjoys hearing songs that show gratitude for his loving kindness. Some of you reading this have extremely beautiful voices and it is a gift He gave you. Some of you may not be as gifted in the area of song but it does not mean that God didn't bless you. It doesn't mean that you can't have a song in your heart. If sound can come forth from your mouth, you are still blessed. If a song about the Lord's love stirs in your heart then you can still sing or hum it. When it's for Him, it's still great because it means He is on your mind and in your heart. 
 
I may have been singing in front of crowds/stages since I was five years old, writing stories and poems since I was eleven and dancing on stage since junior high school  but my weak link is drawing and making figures with my hands. I made a clay tray in school many years ago for my mom. I knew it wasn't great but my mom loved it and used it. She still has it because I made it. Before my departure, one of my former Sunday school students created a painting for me. I still have it. My godchildren have made and sent me cards. I still have them on display. Why? Because it came from them and they had me in mind. Your personal song to the Lord doesn't have to sound like the great artists on radio and in concert halls. It only has to be from your heart. Rest assured, He loves it because you are His and it's coming from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment