Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Remember Me

Psalm 106:4
 
Remember me, O Lord, with the favor You have toward Your people. Oh visit me with Your salvation.
 
The psalm is titled Joy in Forgiveness of Israel's Sins. The psalm celebrates God's faithfulness though God's people were not and are not faithful. "Remember Me" was the request of one of the thieves who hung next to Jesus. In Psalm 8 the word says, "What is man that you are mindful of him." I am grateful today that God is mindful even when you and I are unfaithful. God remembers you and I even when He is forgotten. Truly He is worthy of praise! I am grateful today because I know plenty by name who did not make it out of their teens and twenties, those who did not make it to the end of their thirties. But God! Even though the doctors estimated six years ago I would not make it the next few days, months or year, God saw fit to remember me. He didn't have to. God could've stopped the clock there. But I bless God today as I enter my last year in my thirties. GLORY TO YOUR NAME OH GREAT JEHOVAH!! Many are ashamed of their age, but it is a blessing to see many years. Do not complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment