Friday, September 20, 2013

Remember Me

Psalm 106: 4-5

4Remember me, O Lord, with the favor You Have toward Your people. Oh, visit me with Your salvation. 5That I may see the benefit of Your chosen ones, that I may rejoice in the gladness of Your nation. That I may glory with Your inheritance.

God's patience and love for the people of Israel was recounted in this Psalm after showing the sins of God's people and how many times they sinned and the consequences of their sins. Each time they cried out to the Lord, HE remembered them.


You often hear people say "remember me" when they have a feeling or can see that someone is on a great path. But do you and I ever ask God to "Remember me"? Our God is a God who forgives because of the blood of our Savior Jesus Christ. When you and I call out to Him in pain, He still hears though we are not deserving. His love endures forever as the Word says. Like the people of Israel, you and I ought to be asking God to "remember me". He is, as Hezekiah Walker's song says, "A God of second chance." How many times have you had a second chance? How many times did you get a third, fourth and fifth chance? Asking God to remember you is not about having your name in great lights or getting crumbs from someone else being in a spotlight. Far from it. Asking God to remember you is about being His chosen, having his loving heart, knowing He will never fail you. His grace, His mercy is beyond what you and I can count and that His inheritance is greater than what any one family member can leave for you. He owns the Heaven and the earth and everything in it.

Lord, Remember me.


P.S. If you plan to attend next week's Revival on September 25-27 or have questions, let me know. If you plan to attend the October 5th DC Community Book Signing and Q&A Panel Event at Caribou with myself and Teria Powell of Good Life Radio on the Leap of Faith Network. please RSVP by October 2nd. A reminder will be sent. Great information and "new laws" that have not yet been released to the public per a government agency!!  Thank you to Jennifer Gillyard!!

No comments:

Post a Comment