Friday, April 19, 2013

Living Like It's Golden

2Kings 20:6
6"I will add fifteen years to your life. And I will deliver you and this city from the hand of the king of Assyria. I will defend this city for my sake and for the sake of my servant David."

There's nothing like being made aware of your own mortality. It's a very sobering experience actually. Having the experience like king Hezekiah is usually God's way of getting your attention enough to get you to change course. I know I am not alone in having a near death experience or being brought "to the point of death" as the Word references in verse 1. Here's what I do understand. Like Hezekiah, many of us would make a plea with the Lord. But Hezekiah's plea was reminding God of his faithfulness to Him and how he served Him. For those of us who have had the encounter, the conversation was more like, "I am so sorry Lord. If you bring me through this I will do your will." When God honors that request, that's when your real work will begin. There are some people who do not understand the road I am on and why I am on it as opposed to another route. The route I am on is my purpose and God's will for my life. If you've read the introduction of my first book, Get Your JOY In The Morning, then you understand my path a little better. What I can say is that I have gone from "partying like it's 1999" to "Living my life like it's golden." There really is a difference. Living like it's golden is understanding how precious the moments you have really are and wanting to take the time you have to not only enjoy taking in fresh air but add value. How are you adding value? Adding value can come in many different ways but breathing life means you have to exhale it or give it also not just take. I thank God for the experience I had because it has broken my attitude of "invincibility" and arrogance of "nothing can happen to me" as many of us young people seem to experience. I am fully aware that any moment could be my last. No, I don't dwell on it in a negative way but have decided to live it out like it's golden and help spread God's joy across the earth.

I don't wish the experience on anyone. I just pray that if you ever have to have it that your conversation is more like Hezekiah's in that you are reminding God of your faithfulness to Him. And that you are not like many of us who pleaded that we would finally walk out the will God has for our lives.


P.S. Remember to check out my man V of the Artist to Artist Show Mondays and Saturdays on www.Qliveone.com and listen for the Get Your JOY In The Morning segment!

No comments:

Post a Comment