Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Power of Prayer

James 5:15

15And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven.

This scripture is very important to me. Many of you read in November of the trials and attack of sickness over my family. Many of you were made aware that on the day before Thanksgiving my family laid to rest one who lost her battle with cancer as another family member came out of the hospital all on the same side of the family. What you don't know is the day of the memorial service we learned that yet another was in ICU. So after the repast, another family member and I went to the bedside of that cousin and prayed. God had also placed on my heart to petition a group of prayer warriors in addition to my church family that had been praying since I became aware of what was happening. By the grace of God, that cousin came out of the hospital alive. THANK YOU JESUS! There was another cousin on the same side also battling cancer and in chemo therapy. Right before Christmas we received the news that the tumor had shrunk and the cousin was eligible for surgery. The surgery was Monday and my cousin was released yesterday. The doctors removed the entire mass. I PRAISE GOD for what HE has done! I, another family member, as well as my cousin who knows that prayer warriors were called upon offer sincere thanks for those who petitioned God on my family's behalf. You don't know how much I really love you and thank you for the prayers offered in faith for my family. As I write this, I cannot stop the tears of joy. I am forever grateful. To my church family, City of Restoration Christian Center, I love you more than words can express for all you have done on my family's behalf.

No one can ever tell me that prayer does not work and that God is not a healer. Not only has He healed me physically and spiritually, but He is working on my family one by one. Never doubt the power of prayer. Do not take lightly being asked to pray. Your prayer may be the tipping point of what God needs to hear to turn what looks like a hopeless situation around.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY FOREVER AND EVER!!!


P.S. Lookout for the relaunch of the Leap of Faith Show on the Leap of Faith Network in February with my girl Stubbs Mon-Fri 6am-9am on www.leapoffaithshow.com and listen out for new Get Your JOY In The Morning segments!



No comments:

Post a Comment