Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Get Your Huose In Order

2Kings 20:1
1In those days Hezekiah became ill and was at the point of death. The prophet Isaiah son of Amoz went to him and said, "This is what the Lord says: Put your house in order, because you are going to die; you will not recover."

Do you understand that God does not have to give you any warning that your life is about to end? King Hezekiah was blessed enough to receive a warning and had time to petition the Lord in order to change his circumstances. Indeed the Lord graced him with an additional fifteen years as Hezekiah had faithfully served the Lord. Do you understand that God doesn't have to do that for you or anyone else? He can take you or me like a thief in he night with no warning whatsoever. To illustrate the point I have a testimony. Last Friday night I was with my church family as we had finished a meeting and dinner. We were in Virginia when the severe storm/decerdo rolled in. As we got up from the table we all saw a flash of lighting. We figured we needed to hurry up and get in our cars and go. We got as far as the light at the corner when suddenly a sea of blackness overtook the area and all the lights went out. The winds blew so strong that in a matter of two minutes we saw trees three trees fall. Several of us took cover at a nearby gas station. As we waited for the storm to pass the wind was so strong that it shook our cars to the point that they could've been picked up in mid-air. I've heard howling wind but this sounded more like a train. The rain and hail pelted strongly. As I sat alone in my car and looked around at what was happening I realized that if God wanted to take me right then and there, He could. And truthfully, I could feel the prayers of my fellow church members in the next car going up as I looked around in amazement. It was at that moment I knew that  If the Lord was ready for me, then I was ready for Him. I was secure enough in my walk with Christ that I didn't feel like I had to beg and plead with the Lord the way I did four years ago like I spoke about in my book. See, four years ago, I was still shucking and jiving God.  This time, It was well with my soul. When it was all over, I cracked up laughing and praised God the entire way home. It was my reminder that He is in control at ALL times. Why am I sharing this with you? Frankly, you don't know when the Lord is going to say you've lived long enough. And if you've been "shucking and jiving" God, trust and believe,  your time of it will surely come to an end. God is sovereign and He can do what He pleases. We are created for His pleasure not the other way around. When will you understand that God doesn't need to play games the way men and women do? With a snap of finger, it can be over. Get your house in order.

Remember to check out my girl Stubbs on the Leap of Faith Network at www.live365.com and listen for the Get Your JOY In The Morning segments!

No comments:

Post a Comment