Thursday, February 24, 2011

Reaping the Reward of Faithfulness

Luke 22:18-20

28 You are those who have stood by me in my trials. 29 And I confer on you a kingdom, just as my Father conferred one on me, 30 so that you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom and sit on thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Who has stood with you shoulder to shoulder, behind and in front of you as you pressed forward? Jesus was quite aware of the loyalty the disciples displayed through his three years of ministry. As he neared the end of his earthly journey, Jesus wanted the disciples to know that he was grateful for their enduring with him for it wasn't all about Him pouring into them but about the shared journey. And the reward for them would not only be stored in heaven, but they would carry on what he began. Jesus had trials too. Jesus walked the dirt roads with them, Jesus was talked about and lied on. But through it all, the disciples stood with him and behind him.

Who has done that for you? As you are blessed through life, those that have stood with you, holding you up shall reap the blessings. For it is they that God shall reward, not only in heaven but on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment