Thursday, January 6, 2011

Third Party Confirmation

John 5:31-32

31 “If I testify about myself, my testimony is not valid. 32 There is another who testifies in my favor, and I know that his testimony about me is valid.

Have you ever needed a third party confirmation? My mentors in both the business and spiritual world often talk about third party confirmation and validation. Well it was true for Jesus as well. The Pharisees were constantly in conflict with Jesus because though he was humble, he was not afraid of them nor was he timid about teaching that which he received from God. How could he have such a following? How could he perform the miracles he performed? No matter what Jesus told the Pharisees it wouldn't have mattered. It was only by God that he was confirmed and validated. And really, that was all that mattered. There was no way Jesus could do the things he did without God but for the Pharisees, they were so caught up in the laws they created for man to distinguish themselves as more important that they couldn't grasp much else.

There will be seasons of your life that don't make sense to some, but if God is revealing himself and showing you where to go, those that are supposed to see the confirmation will and those that don't will not. Be not dismayed, For God is still working.

No comments:

Post a Comment